Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An exciting day!





I walked into Fountainview Mansion at 6:00 for the wedding that started at 6:15 and was greeted by the beautiful bride, Kim Bernie, saying "Gustav is coming!!" And it was true, Gustav was coming. There were heavy, dark clouds waiting to poor down rain over the outside ceremony. As I rushed outside to make sure the incredibly expensive YAMAHA keyboard was okay, anxiety and stress started building inside of me at the realization that something might happen to that keyboard if the rain came a 'pourin. Jack, the piano player, was playing on it and as soon as I sat down to help him hold the music that kept flying off the stand, huge alligator tears started falling on the keyboard...the keyboard that I provided for Kim but that I had on loan from Auburn High School. Well, the rain held off for the ceremony and all was well. (After I sat at the piano holding a ginormous umbrella.)

Perhaps the best thing of the whole wedding was getting to bring my camera to the reception and shoot some with Camille Beasley, an incredibley talented rising photographer out of Birmingham. Camille let me use her 50 mm lens and I had a blast. She imparted me with some tricks and words of wisdom. I have fallen in love with the art of photography and it was just great to get to spend some time practicing and hearing some new things about it from a very cool person (Camille). Camille took some great pics and you all should check out her blog...scbphotography.com. I took a few shots of the reception. Check 'em out.





2 comments:

chandler said...

i'm impressed. you're gonna be really good.

scbphotography said...

mary, thanks for the kind words. i am glad we got to spend that wedding time together... and lunch!! :) as for the photos, they really are magnificent; i love the shot of you behind the toasts; great idea!